Art Roundhay Park - 2018 - Leeds
The English Art Co. hosted Art Roundhay Park 23rd March to 10th June 2018 at The Mansion Conservatory within the beautiful surroundings of Roundhay Park, Leeds, showcasing new original art, prints, stationery, gifts, homewares, fabric and wallcoverings and new ranges for 2018.
Thank You to our artists and designers for taking part and to visitors who have encouraged, bought and loved the space.
Thanks also to Leeds City Council, Friends of Roundhay Park and Leeds Parks who have allowed us to use the space - how splendid the park has looked these last few weeks.
- We've met 4048 visitors in just 79 days;
- We've sold original art and prints by most of our artists (some who of whom have never exhibited before).
- We’ve sold gifts, notebooks, homewares, mugs, book marks, cushions, tea towels, oven gloves by The English Art Co.
- We’ve had visitors, not just from Roundhay, but Yorkshire, Cheshire, Tyneside, Kent, London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, all over the UK; tourists from Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, France, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, India;
- We've talked to art teachers from Bournemouth, historians from New Zealand, coach tours from Tyneside;
- We've encouraged children, students and pensioners, advised art collectors, artists and aspiring would-be artists;
- We're in the process of publishing a book;
- We’ve raised a little for charity and we've given £1,000s back to local artists and the community;
- We’ve increased income, raised profiles and made use of a superb space in a very beautiful location.
- And we've absolutely loved it.
"So glad we visited. Stunning stuff!"
"Fabulous exhibition, lots to see!"
"Excellent exhibition, such a high standard and a lovely bright area"
"A wonderful collection, will be back soon."
"Very interesting and informative - thoroughly enjoyed seeing these artworks, thank you"
"Bright and uplifting. It makes you feel happy"
"You’ve made my day!"
"I think this is amazing; it’s so inspiring"
"Cheered me up"
"It’s so positive"
"Think it’s absolutely fantastic what we’re doing”
“Wow Wow, this is fantastic, fabulous, what wonderful colours, you’ve brightened up my day!”
"Very pretty, different"
Private View 23rd March 2018
Designers + Producers
Handmade home fragrance creations designed to scent your home and your life to inspire and revive, relax and invigorate.
Award-winning brand of felt sewing kits for adults, manufactured in Yorkshire.
Lively illustrations of animals, birds and patterns with pen, ink, fabric and feathers.
Chase & Wonder
Chase and Wonder is an independent British stationery and gift brand.
Seeds, clay, peat-free compost and chili powder in a ball.