Our top 10 highlights for 2017 (in no particular order!)
As we draw a close to 2017, we've taken a look back at the year we launched The English Art Co. And what a year it's been! These are our highlights for the year so far...(click through the links to read further)...
1. Art Roundhay Park: Art Roundhay Park and collaborating with our partners to bring a hugely popular event with 1100 visitors through the doors in 17 days in a stunning location in Leeds. We're carrying out a survey (here) to see if visitors want us back and, if so, what their expectations would be. So far, visitors want a gallery, pop up shop with more products - smaller sized prints, jewellery, mugs, stationery. Original art was the most popular, with prints, notebooks, calendars and soft furnishing following closely behind.
2. The Great British Exchange: Earlier this year, The English Art Co. was approved by The Great British Exchange to sell our products thus opening doors to new UK retailers;
3. Exhibiting at Country Living Christmas Fair in Harrogate: A timely exhibition with an influx of visitors shopping for Christmas; plenty of new customers onto the stand buying gifts for Christmas - calendars, coasters, tablemats and our exclusive-to-the-show "Inkflowers" aprons, oven gloves and oven mitts;
4. Entrepreneurial Spark: #GoDo: Catriona and The English Art Co. were selected to be accelerated by the Entrepreneurial Spark programme. This meant 9 months of workshops, pitching, meetings, collaboration and learning to develop the business and way forward - an amazing business and personal accelerator programme sponsored by Nat West and KPMG.
5. Our best selling products: "Just One Blackbird" range of products - coasters, notebooks, calendar and notebooks; "Applecross" series - original art and prints by David Lyon Art and "Loves A Peacock Pop" print, framed and unframed prints by Samantha Ward Art;
7. Recruited help from interns: With thanks to Jessie, Francesca and Samantha, for their help in all things social and marketing - who have now all gone onto secure jobs in marketing in Leeds and Amsterdam. We'll be recruiting again in the New Year;
8. New series of works: We've worked with our artists to produce new series of works - "Portuguese Gardens" and "Still Life" series by David Lyon Art and "Rhino and "Friends" and "Not Just A Wise Owl" by Samantha Ward Art. All available as framed and unframed prints.
9. Developing ranges for launch SS18: We're currently developing new products to launch early spring. Keep an eye out here for updates.
10. Our artists: we've had a very positive and exciting year working with David Lyon Art and Samantha Ward Art. We're looking forward to seeing their ranges develop during 2018 but also taking on new artists in the New Year to complement our existing offer.
With thanks to everyone who has supported us, visited us and bought from us in 2017. Here's to a productive, happy and healthy 2018.